Monday, November 14, 2011

Laundry Detergent

Our family as a whole has been trying to move to a greener life. This spring and summer we had our first garden, which didn't amount to much, but it was a start. We are trying to eat healthier. We are trying to make do, make homemade, or do without. With that said, I started making my own laundry detergent. It is similar to every else's homemade detergent. Here is what I do.

1. Gather ingredients. Borax, washing soda, oxi clean, and fels naptha.

2. Grate the fels naptha finely. In a bucket (I use an empty oxi clean tub) add 2 cups each of borax, washing soda, and oxi clean. Then add half of your fels naptha shavings.

3. Go wash clothes, add around 1/8 cup of mixture. I also add tea tree/ lavender essential oil for smell goods.

4. Enjoy the savings!


No comments:

Post a Comment