Thursday, April 18, 2013

Happenings on the Homestead

Hello Spring! So many things happening around here. We cleaned out our big flower bed and planted some new perennials and put some lights in.

We also opened the coop windows so the chickens can get fresh air.

And the big thing? We started the garden. I planted tomatoes, broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, jalapenos, red bell peppers, cantaloupe, and honey dew. We are also going to plant carrots, green beans, zucchini, cucumbers, lettuce, peas, corn, and spinach. Hopefully they do awesome!!! I am excited!

Sam got me 2 strawberry planters for my birthday/anniversary and we, meaning the kids, have gotten about 3 each. I am hoping next year will be better. I also purchased a raspberry bush and we are looking forward to raspberries in the next few years.

Next week we are going to extend the chicken run. I have moved the baby chicks, who aren't so little anymore, to the big coop, but they are still caged and separate from the big birds.

We are hunkering down for the big storm we are expecting. If any of you are expecting storms today, be safe!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment