Saturday, March 31, 2012

Worst day of my life.

Today we were at my mom's, which is where we normally are on the weekends. As I've said before, I take care of her and my step dad. Today was no different, it was a beautiful 87 degrees. My mom lives in the sticks. A private drive, no neighbors, no water sources, nothing but flat land. The boys are allowed to play outside there. They ride bikes, dig in the dirt, chase the cat, play fetch with the dog, and explore. They come in every few minutes or I go check on them.  Landon came in and said, "Mommy, I can't find Parker." Immediatly, I jumped up, put the baby in her exersaucer, and went outside. No sign of him. None. Silence. I started calling his name. Each call getting louder and screechier with panic. Still no answer. I start frantically looking for him, calling for him, Landon was calling for him, my mom even went out the front door dragging her oxygen with her, looking for him.

Finally, I heard a muffled, "I'm wight heah."

"Where?" I called, thinking I heard him from one of the sheds.

"Heah!" And I looked over to the van. I will never forget my sweet baby's bright red face beaded with sweat.  I ran over. Doors locked. Of course. I run back inside, grab the keys, vaguely hearing Ali cry as she was scarred from everyone screaming. I open the van, bring Parker out, he was drenched in sweat. His head was completely wet, his body was wet, his blue spider man shirt was damp, he was hot. Remember, it was 87 degrees and he had been in the van at least 10 minutes. I brought him inside praising God that I had found him. I had him drink luke warm water, because I didn't want him to cool off to fast. I took his temperature, and it was 101.7, then I cleaned him up with a damp rag. Afterward, I had him lie on the couch and watch cartoons for a while.

Thankfully, he is fine. it could have ended so much worse, so much worse. Landon saved his life by telling me Parker was missing. He's a hero, we are praising him as well as God, because God worked through Landon to save Parker. Please keep your vehicles locked, I usually do, but today I forgot, and I didn't think Parker could open the doors without pressing the open button (automatic doors).

No comments:

Post a Comment