Friday, April 13, 2012

Our Love Story

7 years ago, right before my high school graduation, I decided to rekindle my friendship with my best friend from grade school. I had moved after 8th grade about 30 minutes away. We started hanging out again and the "spot" back then was Hardee's parking lot. We stopped in to see who all was there and some of her friends were there, so we stopped and talked a bit. She introduced me to several new people, and there were several old friends there as well. One of the new people happened to be Sam.

I thought he was cute, and he got in my friend's car and we drove around listening to music and talking. I liked him, but I had a boyfriend. Still, we started hanging out and became friends. I realized I really liked him, so I broke up with my boyfriend, and that night, or the night after, Sam and I were talking and he asked if I liked him. Shyly, I told him yes. I thought he would ask me out, but nope. Then we hung out the night before his birthday all the way until midnight, and I was the first person to tell him happy birthday on his 19th birthday. But still we weren't official.

On June 7, I went on a trip with my high school band. On the bus ride, we talked on the phone. I could tell you the exact place were the bus was, when, he said, "I hate to be all grade school and all. But will you be my girlfriend?" I said yes. When I was really thinking, it's about time. Haha.

Fast forward 5 months, and we found out I was pregnant with Landon. Wow. Totally unexpected. He was already planning to give me a promise ring, and we were already talking marriage, so he gave me a promise ring for Christmas. An engagement ring the week before Valentine's Day, and we were married 2 days before I turned 19.

Landon was born that August. Parker followed. 27 months later, then Ali came 2 months shy of 5 years after Landon.

I can honestly say, Sam is my best friend, he is a great man, a great provider, a great partner, and the best daddy I could have dreamed for, for my children. The odds were very much against us. But we have beaten them, and continue to beat them every single day. I love him more each day, and I can not imagine life without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment